What are the treatment options for secondary hypogonadism?

Secondary hypogonadism is treated with hormone replacement therapy. This simply means that supplements of the lacking hormone are taken through a pill, injection, a patch, or a gel to boost levels back to normal. Surgery and radiation therapy are sometimes used to supplement hormone replacement therapy.

Continue Learning about Hypogonadism Treatment

Is there a cure for congenital hypogonadism?
With the right treatment, congenital hypogonadism can be effectively cured. The precise form of trea...
What should I know about caring for someone with hypogonadism?
When caring for someone with hypogonadism, it's important to remember that this condition can have e...
How should I care for someone with secondary hypogonadism?
Make sure the person with secondary hypogonadism is staying on top of their hormone replacement ther...
How is hypogonadism treated?
Peter C. Fisher, MDPeter C. Fisher, MD
Hypogonadism (low testosterone) is treated with testosterone replacement therapy. In the U.S., th...