Should I talk to a doctor about my acquired hydrocephalus symptoms?

The symptoms of acquired hydrocephalus vary, depending on age. If your baby is vomiting frequently, doesn't want to move their head or neck around, or is having seizures, take them to the doctor or emergency room right away. If your baby's head suddenly gets larger or they seem to change in appearance, call your doctor about what to do. Symptoms in older children vary, but can include vision problems, headache, difficulty walking or balancing, and downward deviation of the eyes, also referred to as sunsetting. If an older child is exhibiting these symptoms, call your doctor right immediately.

Continue Learning about Hydrocephalus Symptoms

How does congenital hydrocephalus affect the body?
When a baby is born with congenital hydrocephalus, cerebrospinal fluid (CSF), which is a fluid that ...
What should I know about headaches and acquired hydrocephalus?
Headaches are a very common symptom reported by people with acquired hydrocephalus. If there are any...
How is dementia related to hydrocephalus?
Dementia can be the result of damage to the brain tissue caused by hydrocephalus. Once hydrocephalus...
What are the symptoms of acquired hydrocephalus?
Symptoms of acquired hydrocephalus vary, depending on age, the severity of the disease, and your tol...