Is there special neuroimaging that can help diagnosis NPH?

To diagnose normal pressure hydrocephalus (NPH) a doctor may use neuroimaging such as a computerized tomography (CT) scan or magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) to evaluate changes in the brain. If suspicion is low, a doctor may elect to scan with CT, though an MRI can provide additional information if NPH seems likely.

Continue Learning about Hydrocephalus Diagnosis

How is congenital hydrocephalus diagnosed?
Congenital hydrocephalus is sometimes diagnosed while a fetus is still in its mother's womb if a doc...
Can normal pressure hydrocephalus (NPH) be misdiagnosed as Alzheimer's?
Normal pressure hydrocephalus (NPH) can be misdiagnosed as Alzheimer's. Both Alzheimer's disease and...
How do I prepare for my appointment to diagnose acquired hydrocephalus?
If you are an adult and experiencing symptoms related to acquired hydrocephalus, you should see a do...
How is acquired hydrocephalus diagnosed?
Diagnosis of acquired hydrocephalus is based on imaging tests of the brain. These include magnetic r...