How can my emotions help me change the way I live?

Kelly Traver

In addition to their role in rational decision making, emotions have a profound impact on how we experience life. Fortunately, we can learn to enhance our positive emotions and play down the negative ones that get in our way - skill that can help us more than any other when it comes to making positive, long-lasting changes in the way we live.

The rational and emotional centers of your brain are tightly interconnected. One can learn how to have a positive influence on one's mood and modify stress levels through well-defined strategies that can ultimately improve the ability to be healthy and happy.

Continue Learning about Emotions

Combat Feeling Sad with a Good Memory
Combat Feeling Sad with a Good Memory
Do you ever find yourself feeling sad but don't know exactly why? Tempted to just brush past it? Well, don't. Understanding the source of your sadness...
Why do fears get worse over time?
Todd Farchione, PhDTodd Farchione, PhD
Research shows that when we respond to our fears by running away and avoiding them, we can actually ...
How is envy destructive?
William StillmanWilliam Stillman
Envy is destructive because its central focus is on that which you do not have such as a person deem...
What Are the Physical Effects of Anger?
What Are the Physical Effects of Anger?