How common is HPV?

Kristine A. Borrison, MD
OBGYN (Obstetrics & Gynecology)
HPV is very common and most people who have it don't have symptoms. In this video, gynecologist Kristine Borrison, MD, of Good Samaritan Hospital explains why it's important to practice safe sex to avoid HPV.

Continue Learning about HPV

Why Parents and Doctors Aren’t Talking About the HPV Vaccine
The human papillomavirus (HPV) is the most commonly transmitted STD in the U.S., causing cancer in roughly 20,700 women and 14,100 men every year. Luc...
What is HPV-related cervical cancer?
There are more than 100 strains of the human papillomavirus (HPV), and at least 15 high-risk types h...
When should I tell my partner I have HPV?
Paul  Hokemeyer, PhDPaul Hokemeyer, PhD
Once you know you are going to have a sexual relationship with someone, but before you actually do. ...
What You Need to Know About the HPV Vaccine