How can I keep my bathroom clean?

Toilets contain a bacterial line just below the water level called a bio-film. The bacterial bio-film is very difficult to remove even with household cleaners. Once airborne these micro-droplets land on everything within the flush zone: drinking cups, toys, children's toothbrushes, etc. Some of these pathogens live for a week on surfaces. Every toilet flush creates an unseen mist detected at head height and can travel up to 15 feet away from the toilet bowl—known as the "Aerosol Effect." Always put the toilet seat down before you flush the toilet because it will prevent some of the fecal particles from floating up and landing on every other bathroom surface, and keep your toothbrush covered.

To boot, all bathroom surfaces should be cleaned regularly. These include the door handle, faucets, toilet, sink, floor and shower/bathtub. Clean inside the toilet at least twice a week with a disinfectant or disinfectant toilet-bowl cleaner. Clean the toilet and sink with separate cloths to avoid transferring germs.
You: Being Beautiful - The Owner's Manual to Inner and Outer Beauty

Most people think that beauty revolves around such things as lipstick, sweet eyes, or skinny jeans -- all those things that we can see (and obsess over) in the mirror. But the fact is that beauty...

Continue Learning about Household Safety