Which types of household pests do I not want inside my home?

Entomologist Billy Bretherton, star of A&E’s The Exterminators, refers to the four most common home invaders as the 4 R’s: raccoons, roaches, rodents, and reptiles. "These are creatures I see every day," says Bretherton. "They’re common all over the country, and they could be living under your roof right now."

Continue Learning about Household Safety

Avoid Red Tide in Your Home Aquarium
Avoid Red Tide in Your Home Aquarium
In the 1976 thriller, Marathon Man, the bad guy Szell (Laurence Olivier) is torturing Babe (Dustin Hoffman) and repeatedly asks his victim, “Is it saf...
Do You Know How to Prevent Carbon Monoxide Poisoning?
Carbon monoxide (CO), is the leading cause of poison-related deaths in the United States, responsible for more than 20,000 trips to the emergency room...
How can I keep my garbage can shut to keep animals away?
Animals, especially raccoons, tip trashcans over to get what’s inside. Use heavy plastic or metal ca...
What should I do with the wire hangers I get from the cleaners?
Don't throw out the hangers you bring home from the cleaners. When you bring your shirts in to be cl...