To keep unwanted animals away from your house, enforce a bird-feeder safety zone of about 50 to 60 feet between the house and the bird feeder. Bird feeders attract many animals, from small animals like rats, squirrels, and raccoons to larger animals like coyotes and bears. Some animals climb up to the feeder while others eat food that’s fallen to the ground.
- Q What are basic home safety rules?
- Q How can I tell if my kitchen is sanitary?
- Q Why should I have a smoke detector and carbon monoxide detector in my home?
- Q What are signs that I could have a raccoon living in my house?
- Q How can having rodents in my house be dangerous?
- Q How dangerous is mold in the home?