That is a label applied to physicians, or sometimes non-physicians, who claim to practice Homeopathic Medicine. There is no license for Homeopathic Medicine in any state in the United States. Rather, the label implies a school of thought or treatment, which, in many cases rests on natural remedies. In its original form, as practiced by Dr. Samuel Hahnemann among others, homeopathic medicine stressed minimal quantities of various ingredients. In the days of Hahnemann, there were numerous homeopathic medical schools. Ultimately, those that did not close, evolved into traditional Allopathic medical schools we know today. One great contribution of homeopathy to modern medicine was a stress on wellness.
- Q What should I know before I try homeopathy?
- Q How does homeopathy work?
- Q Can nux vomica cause an allergic reaction?
- Q Is homeopathy regulated?
- Q Is there a homeopathic medicine for pink eye?
- Q What is a safe dose of a homeopathic remedy for a chronic condition?