What is a homeopathic doctor?

Dr. John J. Connolly
Healthcare Insurance & Policy

That is a label applied to physicians, or sometimes non-physicians, who claim to practice Homeopathic Medicine.  There is no license for Homeopathic Medicine in any state in the United States.   Rather, the label implies a school of thought or treatment, which, in many cases rests on natural remedies.  In its original form, as practiced by Dr. Samuel Hahnemann  among others, homeopathic medicine stressed minimal quantities of various ingredients.  In the days of Hahnemann, there were numerous homeopathic medical schools.  Ultimately, those that did not close, evolved into traditional Allopathic medical schools we know today.  One great contribution of homeopathy to modern medicine was a stress on wellness.

Continue Learning about Homeopathy

How does homeopathy work?
National Center for HomeopathyNational Center for Homeopathy
Homeopathy is based on a rule of nature called the law of similars. This law states that a medicine ...
How do I find a homeopath in my area?
To find a homeopath, you can start with the North American Society of Homeopaths (NASH). NASH mainta...
Does Homeopathy Work?
Does Homeopathy Work?
Do I Need a Prescription for Homeopathic Medicine?