What is Genvoya?

Donna Hill Howes, RN

Genvoya is one of the preferred drug regimens for people who have not yet taken drugs to treat HIV. Genvoya consists of 4 antiretroviral drugs in 1 pill. These are elvitegravir, cobicistat, emtricitabine, and tenofovir alafenamide.

This answer was adapted from Sharecare's award-winning AskMD app. Start a consultation now to find out what's causing your symptoms, learn how to manage a condition, or find a doctor.

Continue Learning about HIV Treatment

How to Choose a Treatment for HIV
How to Choose a Treatment for HIV
HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) is a virus that infects white blood cells called T-helper cells, or CD4 cells, which are vital to the proper functi...
How will my doctor decide which HIV drugs are best for me?
Dr. Frank A. Spinelli, MDDr. Frank A. Spinelli, MD
With HIV regimens, there are many different approaches that can be tailored to each patient. In this...
How can I afford HIV treatment?
HIV treatment can be very expensive, but there are ways to get medication if you can't afford it or ...
How Important Is Patient Engagement for People with HIV?