What are the health benefits of huperzine-A?

Tim Ferriss
Fitness
Taking 200 micrograms (mcg) of huperzine-A 30 minutes before bed can increase total rapid eye movement (REM) sleep by 20 - 30%. Huperzine-A, an extract of Huperzia serrata, slows the breakdown of the neurotransmitter acetylcholine. It is a popular nootropic (smart drug), and I have used it in the past to accelerate learning and increase the incidence of lucid dreaming. I now only use huperzine-A for the first few weeks of language acquisition, and no more than three days per week to avoid side effects.
The 4-Hour Body: An Uncommon Guide to Rapid Fat-Loss, Incredible Sex, and Becoming Superhuman

Thinner, bigger, faster, stronger... which 150 pages will you read?Is it possible to: Reach your genetic potential in 6 months? Sleep 2 hours per day and perform better than on 8 hours? Lose more fat...

Continue Learning about Herbal Supplements

Exercise Performance Supplements: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
“The Good, the Bad and the Ugly” has been applied to everything from presidential speeches to Oscar night dresses. So, why not use it to describe the ...
How do magnolia bark supplements work to help me fall asleep?
Dr. Michael Breus, PhDDr. Michael Breus, PhD
Magnolia bark is a natural supplement that helps reduce anxiety, which may help you drift off to sle...
How do herbs and drugs differ?
Under the Food and Drug Administration's Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act of 1994, federa...
Which Herbal Remedies Are Helpful to Reduce Stress and Anxiety?