Can myelodysplastic/myeloproliferative diseases be prevented?

Myelodysplastic/myeloproliferative diseases are generally not preventable. Certain cancer treatments can increase your risk for chronic myelomonocytic leukemia. However, this is a very disease and even if you are treated for other cancers, your chances of getting chronic myelomonocytic leukemia are very slim. Little is known about preventing childhood leukemias such as juvenile myelomonocytic leukemia.

Continue Learning about Hematologic/Blood Cancers

Multiple Myeloma is More Common in African Americans: Here’s What You Need To Know
Multiple myeloma, a cancer that occurs in white blood cells, is considered a rare disease because it makes up a tiny amount of overall cancers. But it...
5 Mistakes to Avoid During Multiple Myeloma Remission
If your doctor has declared that your multiple myeloma is in remission—whether partial or complete—that’s excellent news. Congratulations! However, wi...
Should I talk to my doctor about my hematologic cancer symptoms?
If you have symptoms of hematologic cancer, you should contact your doctor. Hematologic cancers are ...
What are the treatment options for hematologic cancer?
The treatment of hematologic cancers depends on the type of cancer, its location, and its extent of ...