Why change my lifestyle and make heart heathy choices?

Gregory G. Pellizzon, MD
You should change your lifestyle and make heart healthy choices because diet and lifestyle have a profound effect on preventing cardiovascular disease.  This is accomplished by affecting risk factors such as blood pressure, cholesterol, blood sugars and your body weight.

Trinity Health is a Catholic health care organization that acts in accordance with the Catholic tradition and does not condone or support all practices covered in this site. In case of emergency call 911. This site is educational and not a substitute for professional medical advice, always seek the advice of a qualified healthcare provider.

Continue Learning about Heart Disease

Do You Have Genetic Heart Disease?
Do You Have Genetic Heart Disease?
Members of the punk rock band Dropdead have also played with crust-punk and grind-core bands Exploding Corpse Action and Conniption. (We don’t make th...
Are large hips bad for my heart?
YouBeautyYouBeauty
A Danish study observed 2,987 subjects, ages 35 to 65, over a period of 10 to 13 years. Women (but n...
6 Unexpected Effects of Heart Disease
6 Unexpected Effects of Heart Disease6 Unexpected Effects of Heart Disease6 Unexpected Effects of Heart Disease6 Unexpected Effects of Heart Disease
This common disease can hurt much more than your physical health.
What Is the Most Critical Medical Issue Americans Face?