Should I ask my doctor about symptoms of cardiovascular disease?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

Yes, you should talk to your doctor if you experience symptoms of cardiovascular disease. All symptoms of cardiovascular disease, such as chest pain, being short of breath, and a racing heartbeat, require medical attention. Cardiovascular disease should be taken seriously as it can lead to heart attack, stroke, and even death. If caught early enough, treatment may reduce your risk of a more severe cardiovascular event.

Continue Learning about Heart Disease Symptoms

Ask the Experts: Heart Disease Symptoms
Ask the Experts: Heart Disease Symptoms
Heart disease is the leading killer of Americans, but it can be prevented. The first step in prevention is knowing the signs. In the video, Robin Mill...
Should I see my doctor if I have cold feet?
James P. Ioli, DPMJames P. Ioli, DPM
If you notice that your feet are colder than usual, visit your doctor to determine whether it's ...
Can contagious diseases cause heart abnormalities?
Heart abnormalities themselves are not contagious, but some, such as pericarditis or certain heart v...
Why Is Heart Disease Harder to Treat in Women?