Does eliminating dental infections lower heart problem risk?

There is no proof that eliminating dental infections can reduce the risk of developing heart problems in the future. This is because taking care of an infection might not impact any underlying risk factors, such as older age, smoking status, cholesterol levels, high blood pressure, and others. But this does not mean that eliminating infection is not important to preserve your gums and teeth. Dentists should aggressively attempt to clear up any infection.

Continue Learning about Heart Disease and Oral Health

The Surprising Link Between Dental Hygiene and Heart Health
After undergoing periodontal surgery, comedian and television personality Whoopi Goldberg returned to her seat on The View and admitted to the public ...
Ronald G. Glass, DDSRonald G. Glass, DDS
The most recent studies have shown that there may be a relationship between dental infections and he...
Why should I tell my dentist that I have a heart murmur?
Your dentist should know about a heart murmur so he or she can take steps to keep any symptoms f...
Is There a Link Between My Heart and My Teeth?