What can go wrong in diagnosing hemorrhagic shock?

Hypovolemic shock can be overlooked when basic circulatory measurements seem fairly normal. Blood tests and blood pressure seem to be fine. In other cases,  trauma can often be the source of the hypovolemic shock.  Doctors may be busy treating the more immediate injuries of the trauma.  When hypovolemic shock is not diagnosed early on, more blood is lost, and, more importantly, more tissue is damaged.

Continue Learning about Heart Disease Diagnosis

Why is a stress myocardial perfusion scan performed?
Brigham and Women's HospitalBrigham and Women's Hospital
A stress myocardial perfusion scan is used to assess the blood flow to the heart muscle (myocard...
What can I expect when I go home after my electrophysiology (EP) study?
Intermountain Registered DietitiansIntermountain Registered Dietitians
Here's what happens when you go home. The first 48 hours: You’ll need to take some specific steps...
What Causes Coronary Artery Disease?
What Causes Coronary Artery Disease?
What Is A C-Reactive Protein (CRP) Test?