What can go wrong in diagnosing hemorrhagic shock?

Hypovolemic shock can be overlooked when basic circulatory measurements seem fairly normal. Blood tests and blood pressure seem to be fine. In other cases,  trauma can often be the source of the hypovolemic shock.  Doctors may be busy treating the more immediate injuries of the trauma.  When hypovolemic shock is not diagnosed early on, more blood is lost, and, more importantly, more tissue is damaged.

Continue Learning about Heart Disease Diagnosis

Why are women more likely to be misdiagnosed when they have heart disease?
St Francis Medical CenterSt Francis Medical Center
It can be difficult to diagnose heart disease in women. The symptoms of heart attack in some men are...
What should I do after an electrophysiological (EP) study?
Brigham and Women's HospitalBrigham and Women's Hospital
Once at home after an electrophysiological (EP) study, an invasive procedure that tests the heart's ...
Why Is Heart Disease Harder to Treat in Women?
What Should I Ask My Doctor about Heart Disease?