<p>Heart disease, sometimes called <a href="/health/heart-disease/what-is-heart-disease">cardiovascular disease,</a> is a term that covers a wide variety of conditions that make it harder for your heart to perform its life-sustaining function. The most common forms of <a href="/video/health-topics-a-z/heart-disease/what-should-i-ask-my-doctor-about-heart-disease">heart disease</a> include <a href="/health/circulatory-system-health/what-is-coronary-artery-disease">coronary artery disease (CAD),</a> <a href="/health/heart-disease/what-is-chf">congestive heart failure</a> and <a href="/health/stroke/what-is-a-stroke">stroke</a>. Learn about these conditions, as well as ways to keep your ticker strong for a long, healthy life.</p>
Is It Time to See a Cardiologist?5 Reasons to See a Cardiologist
What's your RealAge?Take the RealAge Test to find out your body's true age.
Number of people who die of heart disease in the U.S. each year
Univ. of Nev. School of Medicine, Family Medicine
Heart Disease Q&As
Can cardiovascular disease affect children?
<p>Cardiovascular disease can affect anyone at any time. However, it is more common among those who are older. Lifestyle and behavior choices such as physical activity, diet, smoking, and obesity are patterns children develop early in life and are modeled by their parents, families, and schools. Risk and specific conditions that contribute to developing cardiovascular disease begin at an early age. As adults, you should set an example of a healthy lifestyle for children to follow, and thus reduce their risk of developing cardiovascular disease.</p>
- QHow do I care for someone with cardiovascular disease?
- QWhat is the duration of cardiovascular infection?
- QDoes arteriolosclerosis run in families?
- QDo heart abnormalities affect children differently than adults?
- QDoes coronary heart disease affect children?
- QAre heart abnormalities serious?
- QWhat do I need to know about caring for someone with a heart abnormality?
- QHow common is cardiovascular infection?
- QHow common is arteriolosclerosis?
- QHow does coronary heart disease affect the body?
- QHow do heart abnormalities affect men differently than women?
- QWhat is the rate of incidence for heart abnormalities?
- QWhat are heart abnormalities?
- QWhat causes cardiovascular infection?
- QWhat increases my risk for cardiovascular infection?
- QWhat is cardiovascular disease (CVD)?
- QWhat is congestive heart failure?
- QHow does high cholesterol cause heart disease?
- QHow is heart valve disease (valvular heart disease) treated?
- QHow is cardiomyopathy diagnosed?
- QWhat causes heart valve disease (valvular heart disease)?
- QWhy do men develop coronary heart disease earlier than women?
- QHow do I manage my congenital heart disease on a daily basis?
- QWhat are the symptoms of heart valve disease (valvular heart disease)?