<p>Heart disease, sometimes called <a href="/health/heart-disease/what-is-heart-disease">cardiovascular disease,</a> is a term that covers a wide variety of conditions that make it harder for your heart to perform its life-sustaining function. The most common forms of <a href="/video/health-topics-a-z/heart-disease/what-should-i-ask-my-doctor-about-heart-disease">heart disease</a> include <a href="/health/circulatory-system-health/what-is-coronary-artery-disease">coronary artery disease (CAD),</a> <a href="/health/heart-disease/what-is-chf">congestive heart failure</a> and <a href="/health/stroke/what-is-a-stroke">stroke</a>. Learn about these conditions, as well as ways to keep your ticker strong for a long, healthy life.</p>
Is It Time to See a Cardiologist?5 Reasons to See a Cardiologist
What's your RealAge?Take the RealAge Test to find out your body's true age.
Number of people who die of heart disease in the U.S. each year
Univ. of Nev. School of Medicine, Family Medicine
Heart Disease Q&As
How do I care for someone with cardiovascular disease?
<p>One of the most important things is for you to be aware of symptoms of cardiovascular disease, such as heart attack or stroke. Other symptoms include chest pain, being short of breathe, muscle cramps or leg pain, fatigue, weakness, and numbness. It is also important for your loved one to take their heart medication regularly to prevent additional problems. Helping to monitor physical activity and diet, enabling the person to relax, and encouraging them to stop smoking are also important.</p>
- QCan cardiovascular disease affect children?
- QWhat is the duration of cardiovascular infection?
- QDoes arteriolosclerosis run in families?
- QDoes coronary heart disease affect children?
- QDo heart abnormalities affect children differently than adults?
- QAre heart abnormalities serious?
- QWhat do I need to know about caring for someone with a heart abnormality?
- QHow common is arteriolosclerosis?
- QHow common is cardiovascular infection?
- QHow does coronary heart disease affect the body?
- QHow do heart abnormalities affect men differently than women?
- QWhat is the rate of incidence for heart abnormalities?
- QWhat are heart abnormalities?
- QWhat causes cardiovascular infection?
- QWhat increases my risk for cardiovascular infection?
- QWhat is cardiovascular disease (CVD)?
- QHow does high cholesterol cause heart disease?
- QWhat is congestive heart failure?
- QHow is heart valve disease (valvular heart disease) treated?
- QHow is cardiomyopathy diagnosed?
- QWhat causes heart valve disease (valvular heart disease)?
- QWhy do men develop coronary heart disease earlier than women?
- QWhat are the symptoms of heart valve disease (valvular heart disease)?
- QHow do I manage my congenital heart disease on a daily basis?