What kind of doctor should I see if I'm at risk for a heart attack?

Dr. Richard T. Leshner, DO
Cardiologist (Heart Specialist)

If you are at risk for a heart attack or have concerns about your heart health you should see your primary care doctor. Your primary physician is really the first line of defense in health care. Write down the kinds of things you want to ask your doctor. Your primary doctor will screen you and possibly refer you to a cardiologist.

Continue Learning about Heart Attack

Six Holiday Habits That Cause Heart Attacks
“Christmas Coronary.” It sounds festive, doesn’t it? Like something you’d hear in a holiday movie. Unfortunately … no. The term was coined by doctors ...
How can I tell the difference between a heart attack and indigestion?
HCA Midwest HealthHCA Midwest Health
Learn the key differences between a heart attack and everyday indigestion (otherwise known as heartb...
6 Surprising Heart Attack Triggers
6 Surprising Heart Attack Triggers6 Surprising Heart Attack Triggers6 Surprising Heart Attack Triggers6 Surprising Heart Attack Triggers
Learn how the weather, road rage or the big game can spell trouble for your ticker.
Simple Steps to Prevent a Second Heart Attack