How will my family feel after my heart attack?

Charles J. Sophy, MD
Adolescent Medicine

Your family will feel concerned and anxious after your heart attack. 

Having a heart attack increases your chances of having another one. Therefore, it is very important that you and your family know how and when to seek medical attention. Talk to your doctor about making an emergency action plan, and discuss it with your family. 

Having a constructive approach to developing a clear action plan in the event of a second heart attack can significantly reduce the level of anxiety for your family.

Continue Learning about Heart Attack

The Best Aspirin Regimen Post-Heart Attack
It’s said that new habits die easily, but old habits die hard, and that seems to be especially true when it comes to doctors who send their heart-atta...
What should I do if I think I'm having a heart attack?
Dr. Richard T. Leshner, DODr. Richard T. Leshner, DO
If you think you are having a heart attack but are not sure, call 911 and come to the emergency room...
The Smart Way to Exercise After A Heart Attack
The Smart Way to Exercise After A Heart AttackThe Smart Way to Exercise After A Heart AttackThe Smart Way to Exercise After A Heart AttackThe Smart Way to Exercise After A Heart Attack
Staying physically active can be part of your recovery—and help to prevent another cardiac episode.
Should I Cut Carbohydrates Completely from My Diet?