How can I help repair my heart after a heart attack?

Dr. Saeed Payvar, MD
Cardiologist (Heart Specialist)

In order to repair the heart after a heart attack, Saeed Payvar, MD, from West Valley Cardiology Services, says methods include medications and cardiac rehab. Learn more in this video.

Hearts can get stronger after a heart attack. Taking your medication and cardiac rehabilitation are two things that can help a lot.

Continue Learning about Heart Attack

What It Feels Like for a Woman to Have a Heart Attack
“I didn’t think I was having a heart attack,” says Karen Hill, 76. It started as a dull ache above the right breast and below the collarbone: a famil...
How should I prepare if I'm at risk for a heart attack?
If you are at high risk for a heart attack, it is a good idea to develop an action plan with you...
The Smart Way to Exercise After A Heart Attack
The Smart Way to Exercise After A Heart AttackThe Smart Way to Exercise After A Heart AttackThe Smart Way to Exercise After A Heart AttackThe Smart Way to Exercise After A Heart Attack
Staying physically active can be part of your recovery—and help to prevent another cardiac episode.
What Medications Can Reduce My Risk of Heart Attack?