How can moms get more sleep during the school year?

If I can give these over-tasked and over-tasking women a few tips to consider as this school year kicks off, here’s a few with an eye toward better sleep:

• Knock one item off your to do list a day and aim to be in bed 15 minutes earlier than the previous night.

• Give yourself a set bed time and wake time, just as you do your kids. You wouldn’t let your seven year old stay up past midnight, so why should you?

• Likewise, you watch what your kids eat before bedtime. What are you eating within an hour of your bed time? If you’re in the kitchen plowing through a box of sugary cookies or leftover meatloaf, reconsider.

• If you read to your kids at bedtime, you’re teaching them great habits for sleep hygiene. Reading can help a person to unwind, relax, and prepare for sleep. When’s the last time you did something like that before putting yourself to bed?

Continue Learning about Healthy Sleeping

Can You Make Up for Lost Sleep on the Weekends?
In Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Harry’s godfather Sirius Black is about to suffer a fate worse than death for a crime he didn’t commit, a...
What are some risks of sleep medications?
Some of the risks involved with sleep medication include dependency, depression, dizziness and light...
What is the ideal bedtime for me?
You may not need a full eight or nine hours per night, but you probably have some sense of how much ...
Why Should I Avoid Using the Snooze Button on My Alarm Clock?