1. Begin by laying your pillow across your arm and look at how it’s folded.
2. Does it have a slight fold, but still sticks out at the ends? If so, then the structural integrity of your pillow is fine.
3. Or does your pillow fold--or flop--over your arm like an old saddle bag? Then you have a dead pillow and it needs to be replaced.
Still not convinced? Try this:
1. Lay your pillow on top of your bed and fold it in half.
2. Now place a shoe on top and let go.
3. If the shoe goes flying, then your pillow is fine; if it is stays put then you need a new pillow.