How can I tell if my pillow is still in good shape?

How do you know if you are sleeping on a “dead” pillow? Here are a few simple steps:
1. Begin by laying your pillow across your arm and look at how it’s folded.
2. Does it have a slight fold, but still sticks out at the ends? If so, then the structural integrity of your pillow is fine.
3. Or does your pillow fold--or flop--over your arm like an old saddle bag? Then you have a dead pillow and it needs to be replaced.
Still not convinced? Try this:
1. Lay your pillow on top of your bed and fold it in half.
2. Now place a shoe on top and let go.
3. If the shoe goes flying, then your pillow is fine; if it is stays put then you need a new pillow.

Continue Learning about Healthy Sleeping

How to Get Better, Restful Sleep as You Age
In Woody Allen’s 1973 sci-fi comedy Sleeper, Miles Monroe, a jazz musician and owner of the Happy Carrot health-food store, awakens after being cryoge...
What time should I go to bed?
Good sleep hygiene includes getting about 8 hours of sleep every night, not having distractions in t...
What is the ideal bedtime for me?
You may not need a full eight or nine hours per night, but you probably have some sense of how much ...
Can a Podcast Help You Sleep?
Can a Podcast Help You Sleep?