Elasticity is the ability of the skin to snap back in place once it is stretched. In order to test the elasticity of your skin you may pinch the skin of your cheek and pull it to a moderate tug. Let go of that skin and examine it to see how quickly it returns to a normal position. In younger people the elasticity of skin is better which is related to the thickness of the dermis. In older people elasticity is poorer because there is less dermis to cause the skin to snap back to its original position. Dermis is the underside of the skin and it contains much of the collagen in the skin.
- Q What is the wenis?
- Q What type of skin-care products should I use for healthy skin?
- Q How can I prevent puffy eyes?
- Q How can I get rid of the cellulite on my thighs?
- Q Is exercise good for my skin?
- Q What is one natural remedy to help my skin look younger?