Elasticity is the ability of the skin to snap back in place once it is stretched. In order to test the elasticity of your skin you may pinch the skin of your cheek and pull it to a moderate tug. Let go of that skin and examine it to see how quickly it returns to a normal position. In younger people the elasticity of skin is better which is related to the thickness of the dermis. In older people elasticity is poorer because there is less dermis to cause the skin to snap back to its original position. Dermis is the underside of the skin and it contains much of the collagen in the skin.
- Q How can I care for my dry skin during the winter?
- Q How can I tell if I have combination skin?
- Q How can going to a day spa help keep my skin healthy?
- Q What are some bad things I could be doing to my skin and hair?
- Q How does corneotherapy heal the stratum corneum?
- Q Is my skin normal for my age?