Can eating chocolate help improve my skin?

In one study, just 6 weeks of a daily dose of cocoa made skin smoother, better hydrated, and less sun sensitive. And 12 weeks did even more. All thanks to the skin-boosting antioxidants in cocoa, called flavonols. But it's got to be dark chocolate, according to RealAge skin expert Dr. Amy Wechsler: "Skip cocoa mixes, which don't have the same flavonol levels, and go for the real thing: dark, unadulterated cacao powder that contains 70% or more cacao."

Continue Learning about Healthy Skin

Why is uniform skin cell organization important?
We owe our skin's excellent flexibility and ability to stay hydrated to the uniform cell organizatio...
What is sebum?
Sebum is an oily substance that is produced by the sebaceous glands in the body. Typically, sebum pa...
How Should I Take Care of My Oily Skin?
How Should I Take Care of My Oily Skin?
How Does Tanning Cause Skin Damage?
How Does Tanning Cause Skin Damage?