What are the benefits of eating fruits for my skin?

Eat To Beat Wrinkles!

You may have heard the old wives tale that consuming vitamin C can help fight a cold, but what about wrinkles? A study in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition of over 4,000 women between the ages of 40 and 70 showed that routine higher takes of vitamin C-rich foods was significantly associated with a decrease in the prevalence of wrinkled and dry skin due to aging. The study also found that higher intakes of linoleic acid reduced the chances of developing not only the same age-related dryness but also thinning of the skin. While citrus fruits, juices and tomatoes are the leading sources of vitamin C in the American diet, green leafy vegetables, soybean oil, flaxseeds, and walnuts are ringers for linoleic acid.

Tip: Beautify your breakfast by topping your whole grain cereal with ground flaxseeds and chase your morning meal with a glass of OJ. Add spinach to your lunchtime green salad and sprinkle a spoonful of chopped walnuts to give it crunch. For a linoleic-rich salad dressing, combine balsamic vinegar and soybean oil to top it off.

Ximena Jimenez

Fruits contain an array of vitamins and minerals which provide benefits. For instance, papaya and apricots are rich in Vitamin A which has an essential role in the maintenance of the skin. Mango, watermelon, guava and oranges are loaded with vitamin C which help synthesize collagen, a major protein of body tissues that include the skin.

Start eating more fruits!

Continue Learning about Healthy Skin

How Should I Take Care of My Oily Skin?
How Should I Take Care of My Oily Skin?
Why Are Tanning Salon Tans More Hazardous Than Natural Suntans?
Why Should I Avoid Using a Tanning Bed?
Why Should I Avoid Using a Tanning Bed?
How Does Tanning Cause Skin Damage?
How Does Tanning Cause Skin Damage?