How can I help avoid sinus problems?

Try the following to avoid sinus problems:
  • Bathe your nasal passages daily. Use a small pot or squeeze bottle to run water into the nasal passages. This helps clear excess mucus and moisten membranes.
  • Drink lots of water. Good hydration helps keep mucus thin and loose.
  • Inhale steam. Linger in a hot shower. Or bring water to a boil, pour it into a pan, place a towel over your head, and bend over the pan to inhale the steam.
  • Avoid dry environments
  • Use a humidifier
If you're suffering from sinus issues, try these self-care tips:
  • Nasal irrigation will both reduce nasal symptoms and boost bacterial resistance. Try a neti pot.
  • Staying hydrated helps keep your sinuses moist and less susceptible to infection.
  • Protect your sinuses from smoke, dust, allergens and any other nasal irritants.

Continue Learning about Healthy Nose

What is surgical septoplasty?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
A surgical septoplasty is useful for realignment of the midline structures of the internal nose. The...
Where is the “triangle of death” on my face?
Humans just can't seem to keep their hands off their faces. They are committed to plucking and poppi...
Why is my sense of smell so sensitive?
A person's nose can detect up to 10,000 smells, without being smell-sensitive. In this video, Dr...
How can I avoid infecting my “triangle of death"?
Your “triangle of death” extends from the corners of the mouth to the bridge of the nose and is susc...