What are the treatment options for chronic kidney disease (CKD)?

Treatment options for chronic kidney disease (CKD) include treating complications caused by CKD. For example, there are medicines to control high blood pressure, which help protect the heart and slow damage to the kidneys. Also, replacement hormones, such as erythropoietin and growth hormone, can be given. Special vitamin D can be taken for bone health. There is also the option of a kidney transplant.

Continue Learning about Healthy Kidneys & Urinary System

Is Holding It in Harmful to Your Health?
Manny Ramirez let it flow behind the Green Monster while playing left field for the Boston Red Sox. Michael Phelps did it in the pool of course, and a...
A Tangy Treat That's Good for Your Bladder
Here's a diet "do" that may help keep your bladder cancer-free. Start your day with some yogurt. Later, have some more for a snack. Compared with thei...
What are the steps when performing CISC for boys?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
Clean intermittent self-catheterization (CISC) for boys is done as follows: Gather everything nee...
What should I do if I have trouble urinating after abdominal surgery?
Northside HospitalNorthside Hospital
Urination trouble after abdominal surgery is quite common because of the anesthesia used during surg...