Is drinking urine healthy?

Urine is 95% water of which 2.5% is urea and 2.5% a mixture of minerals, salts, hormones and enzymes. The small amounts of toxins that are found in urine are not abundant enough to be toxic to the body if you drink it. Drinking urine is not new and has been done for centuries for many reasons including survival and health reasons. There are no known health benefits to drinking urine. We would not advise the practice.

Continue Learning about Healthy Kidneys & Urinary System

What Color Should Your Urine Be?
What Color Should Your Urine Be?
Did you know that every time you pee, your urine gives important clues about your overall health? "The healthiest urine color is clear,” says Jamison ...
Baby Your Kidneys with This Winter Stew
Baby Your Kidneys with This Winter Stew
When the mercury starts to dip, warm up your insides with an all-bean chili. Your kidneys will be happier. Why? Because all beans means no meat -- an...
What foods can help my kidneys get rid of toxins?
The following are some foods that can help boost your kidneys' detoxifying function: Soy product...
How much urine does my body produce every day?
Dr. Jill RabinDr. Jill Rabin
Each day the kidneys filter approximately forty gallons of blood but excrete only about 1 percent of...