How much fluid do the kidneys filter each day?

The kidneys perform their life-sustaining job of filtering and returning to the bloodstream about 200 quarts of fluid every 24 hours. Approximately 2 quarts are eliminated from the body in the form of urine, while the remainder, about 198 quarts, is retained in the body.

Continue Learning about Healthy Kidneys & Urinary System

a tangy treat That good for your bladder
Here a diet "do " that may help keep your bladder cancer-free . start your day with some yogurt . later , have some more for a snack . compared with t...
safeguard your kidneys with a bean-based winter stew
when the mercury dips , what more comforting than a big bowl of chili ? and when you go with an all-bean , veggie chili , you not only warm your insid...
what does it mean if i test positive for protein in my urine ?
Proteinuria is the presence of large amounts of protein in the urine. The kidneys remove waste from ...
how can i get my child to drink more water ?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
Drinking water is important, but how do you get kids to drink more water? Parents can send a water b...