Several recent studies have confirmed a direct co-relation between frequent consumption of swordfish and excessively elevated blood levels of mercury. In a study conducted in San Francisco and published in Environmental Health Perspectives in April 2003, involving 123 subjects who consumed 30 different types of fish, frequent consumption of swordfish had the highest co-relation with blood mercury levels exceeding the maximum recommended by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the National Academy of Sciences.
- Q How does eating whole foods affect the environment?
- Q What precautions are advised for eating mustard greens?
- Q What precautions are advised for eating jicama?
- Q How can I avoid unhealthy foods?
- Q How do I eat healthy at a party?
- Q How do I select fresh jicama?