Q

Healthy Eating For Children & Teens

How can I know if my toddler is eating enough?

• A , Family Medicine, answered
    When a toddler starts eating less, parents may worry that they are not being a good parent. This worrying can become stressful. You can reduce this stress. First, talk to your child’s doctor about how much food she needs to grow and stay healthy. Second, measure the amount of food your child needs. That way you will have a better idea of what the right amount looks like.
  • A answered
    Parents of toddlers who eat so little that they seem to “live on air” should be comforted to know that it is normal for a young child’s appetite to vary from day to day. Instead of worrying about their toddler’s daily intake of food, parents should consider the child’s consumption of calories and nutrients throughout the week, says WendelinSlusser, MD, medical director of the FIT for Healthy Weight Program at Mattel Children’s Hospital UCLA.
    1 person found this helpful.
This content reflects information from various individuals and organizations and may offer alternative or opposing points of view. It should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. As always, you should consult with your healthcare provider about your specific health needs.
How do I make sure my child doesn't become overweight?