What are the nutritional benefits of eating rice?

In Japan, plain rice (no salt or butter) accompanies most every meal. They prefer short-grain white rice, which is lower on the glycemic index (meaning your body takes longer to convert it to sugar), and helps you feel satisfied for longer. Even better is brown rice, a whole grain rich in good-for-you fiber. So try adding a small bowl of short-grain brown rice to meals and see how it helps you feel fuller and eat less.

This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Health Value Of Foods

5 Top Foods for Your Heart, Plus 1 to Avoid
5 Top Foods for Your Heart, Plus 1 to Avoid5 Top Foods for Your Heart, Plus 1 to Avoid5 Top Foods for Your Heart, Plus 1 to Avoid5 Top Foods for Your Heart, Plus 1 to Avoid
What's best to eat for your ticker? A heart doctor weighs in. Seems like a new study comes out nearly every day telling us to eat this, not that. But ...
How Can I Choose Healthy Takeout Foods?
How Can I Choose Healthy Takeout Foods?
What Are the Health Benefits of Eating Pistachio Nuts?
How Accurate Is Healthy-Menu Info?
How Accurate Is Healthy-Menu Info?