Cod belong to the Gadidae family along with haddock and monkfish (the Latin word gadus means "cod"). There are a few varieties of cod that are typically consumed in different parts of the world, such as lingcod, saithe, and zarbo cod. However, North Atlantic cod (Gadus morhua) is the best-known type.Cod has a light, almost white color and a noble, buttery taste. It is usually sold as fillets up to 12 inches long and 4 inches wide.
- Q What are the common varieties of scallops?
- Q What are some benefits of eating coldwater fish?
- Q Should I eat larger or smaller cold water fish?
- Q What are clams?
- Q What are the health benefits of eating cold-water fish?
- Q How does eating salmon help boost my mood?