No. Researchers say that baked bread, with its golden, toasty crust, is full of antioxidants that increase cancer-preventing enzymes. But if you bake bread too dark or cause it to burn, the health benefits of the crust go up in smoke. Burnt bread contains carcinogens, research shows.
- Q What are the health benefits of eating Brazil nuts?
- Q What are the health benefits of eating orange and yellow foods?
- Q What are the health benefits of eating chicken?
- Q What are the different varieties of crab?
- Q What is the healthiest way to eat chocolate?
- Q What are the healthiest choices for frozen desserts?