No. Researchers say that baked bread, with its golden, toasty crust, is full of antioxidants that increase cancer-preventing enzymes. But if you bake bread too dark or cause it to burn, the health benefits of the crust go up in smoke. Burnt bread contains carcinogens, research shows.
- Q Does heating yogurt affect its nutritional value?
- Q How can I use tofu to improve my diet?
- Q What are the health benefits of walnuts?
- Q How are blueberries or spinach good for my health?
- Q What are some healthy red foods?
- Q What are the health benefits of eating Brazil nuts?