No. Researchers say that baked bread, with its golden, toasty crust, is full of antioxidants that increase cancer-preventing enzymes. But if you bake bread too dark or cause it to burn, the health benefits of the crust go up in smoke. Burnt bread contains carcinogens, research shows.
- Q What should I do if I can't afford to buy only organic foods?
- Q Is eating fish good for my health?
- Q What are some healthy alternatives to takeout pizza and full-fat ice cream?
- Q What are the vitamins and nutrients in dark green fruits and vegetables?
- Q What are the risks of mercury in fish?
- Q What is the nutritional value of whole wheat bread?