No. Researchers say that baked bread, with its golden, toasty crust, is full of antioxidants that increase cancer-preventing enzymes. But if you bake bread too dark or cause it to burn, the health benefits of the crust go up in smoke. Burnt bread contains carcinogens, research shows.
- Q Are raw oats moistened with water healthier than cooked oats?
- Q What is the nutritional value of brown rice?
- Q Is instant oatmeal a healthy breakfast choice?
- Q What are some healthy green fruits and vegetables?
- Q Why should I choose fish over meat?
- Q What is the nutritional value of scallops?