Which bathroom stall is typically the cleanest?

When you use a public restroom, do you tend to skip the first stall and choose one farther away from the entrance? If you do, you are not alone. Experts theorize that people tend to skip the first stall in favor of stalls farther back to have a little more privacy. But because the first stall is used least often, it contains the lowest bacteria levels. Instead of skipping the first stall, choose it to help avoid possible infections.

Continue Learning about Health and Society

Thoughts and Prayers Aren’t Enough to Prevent Gun Violence—Here’s What Can
I’m an ER doctor. I trained in an area of high violence and crime. Day-to-day, the EMT radio transmissions can become background noise—68-year-old wi...
What abnormalities are occurring in our environment?
There are a number of abnormalities occurring in our environment. In river basins around the country...
10 Healthiest Communities in the U.S.
10 Healthiest Communities in the U.S.10 Healthiest Communities in the U.S.10 Healthiest Communities in the U.S.10 Healthiest Communities in the U.S.
Gallup-Healthways ranked 189 communities for well-being. Where does your area land?
Is Health and Healthcare a Basic Human Right?