Can headaches be fatal?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

The majority of headaches are not fatal. However, some secondary headaches, those caused by underlying conditions, can be fatal. If you have suffered a blow to the head or your symptoms begin to rapidly worsen, contact a doctor immediately.

Continue Learning about Headache

Why People Who Experience Migraines Should Check the Weather
Lightning could trigger migraine headaches in some sufferers, according to a small study published in the journal Cephalalgia. After comparing headac...
What can I expect from a visit to the doctor for my headaches?
Dawn MarcusDawn Marcus
There are many things that can come out of a visit to the doctor about your headaches. Don't exp...
What Your Headache Is Telling You
What Your Headache Is Telling YouWhat Your Headache Is Telling YouWhat Your Headache Is Telling YouWhat Your Headache Is Telling You
Chocolate, wine or sex could be to blame for your headaches. About half of all Americans experience a headache at least once a month. Whether it’s a m...
What Types of Medication Might be Prescribed for Migraine?