What can go wrong with depilatories?

Depilatories contain harsh chemicals, so you could experience some irritation, burning or an allergic reaction. Be sure to do a spot test before applying the product to a larger area of skin. Also, if you're not careful during the application process, the harsh chemicals in the depilatory can damage towels, flooring and anything else it touches. Furthermore, a sloppy or imprecise application can lead to spotty results.

Continue Learning about Hair Removal

What is permanent hair removal?
Ronald M. Shelton, MDRonald M. Shelton, MD
Laser hair removal requires several treatments to use light energy to target the hair follicles in t...
What are some ways I can trim my pubic hair?
Lauren Streicher, MDLauren Streicher, MD
There are many ways to trim your pubic hair. There's a multi-million dollar industry that has evolve...
How can I get rid of facial hair?
If you're a woman, you can get rid of unwanted facial hair in a variety of ways, including:Depil...
What Is the Difference Between Laser Hair Removal and Electrolysis?