What is the best way to get rid of unwanted body hair?

There are lots of options for dealing with significant amounts of unwanted body
hair.

• Some people prefer shaving or using an at-home depilatory cream that will remove the hair as a first-line treatment.
  • Some prefer waxing. If you choose the this route, ask for a cooler-temperature wax, which doesn’t hurt as much when the follicle is ripped from the skin (after being stuck to the wax).
  • Other people are turning to laser therapy, which works on dark-pigmented hair; the laser travels down the hair follicle and zaps it so that it never grows again.
  • Some prefer electrolysis, where the hair is fried off with an electrical current. If you’re going this route, make sure a trained pro does it.
YOU: The Owner's Manual for Teens: A Guide to a Healthy Body and Happy Life

A few years ago, we wrote YOU: The Owner’s Manual, which taught people about the inner workings of their bodies—and how to keep them running strong. But you know what? There’s a big difference...

Continue Learning about Hair Removal

How does threading work?
Learn about how threading works in this video with Dr. Oz.
What's a good way to remove my pubic hair?
Lauren Streicher, MDLauren Streicher, MD
There’s a multimillion-dollar industry that has evolved surrounding pubic fashion, and there is no s...
What are some ways I can trim my pubic hair?
There are many ways to trim your pubic hair. There's a multi-million dollar industry that has evolve...
What Is the Difference Between Laser Hair Removal and Electrolysis?