What's the best way to get rid of nose hair?

As tempting as it is to pull nose hairs out like you're pulling weeds from your garden, don't yank. Besides being painful, pulling can lead to infections from traumatized hair follicles in the nose. The area from the bridge of the nose to the corner of the mouth is called the "triangle of death" because infections here drain into the brain and can cause a clot in the cavernous sinus (that's a bad thing). We recommend using a specialized nose-hair clipper that works like a weed-whacker inside your nostril. Or watch the puffs of smoke coming from your nostrils during laser hair removal.

YOU: Being Beautiful: The Owner's Manual to Inner and Outer Beauty

Most people think that beauty revolves around such things as lipstick, sweet eyes, or skinny jeans -- all those things that we can see (and obsess over) in the mirror. But the fact is that beauty...

Continue Learning about Hair Removal

How can I get rid of facial hair?
Dr. Doris Day, MDDr. Doris Day, MD
One method that gives lasting results is electrolysis. It is considered permanent, but maintenance t...
Is it okay to use my husband's razor to shave my bikini line?
Don't be tempted to use your husband's razor! In this video, ob-gyn Dr. Lauren Streicher explain...
What training is typical for hair removal specialists?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Check that your electrologist is certified by a reputable program, since some states do not require ...
What is the MiraSmooth procedure?
Whitney Bowe, MDWhitney Bowe, MD
MiraSmooth is an FDA-approved procedure that uses microwave technology to permanently remove hair an...