Will my insurance cover laser hair removal?

Dr. Doris Day, MD
Dermatology
I have never been able to get any insurance to cover the cost of laser hair removal, even when there is what I consider to be a medical necessity for the treatment.

Probably not. Medical insurance does not typically cover laser hair removal. However, check with your insurance company to be sure.

Continue Learning about Hair Removal

What should I know before I get the MiraSmooth procedure?
Whitney Bowe, MDWhitney Bowe, MD
Before getting the MiraSmooth procedure, you should talk to your doctor about the recovery period, t...
What is Vaniqua?
Arthur W. Perry, MDArthur W. Perry, MD
The drug Vaniqua (eflornithine) slows the production of hair and causes it to form improperly. T...
When should I let my son start shaving?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
There is no single answer to this question. It depends on your individual perspective and your child...
What Is the Difference Between Laser Hair Removal and Electrolysis?