Why am I losing all of my body hair?

If you are losing all of your body hair, you need to consult your doctor. Loss of body hair can signal a serious underlying medical condition. For example, the autoimmune disease lupus sometimes causes loss of hair from the head, face, and/or body. You could also have alopecia universalis, an autoimmune condition that causes total loss of body hair. Hormone problems and use of certain medications can also cause body hair loss in some people. For an accurate diagnosis, make an appointment with your doctor.

Continue Learning about Hair Loss

Can strict dieting cause hair loss?
Brandice Lardner Brandice Lardner
Yes. Our bodies are programmed for survival. When you consume too few calories and/or restrict your...
How can hair loss in women be prevented?
Elizabeth Boham, MD, MS, RDElizabeth Boham, MD, MS, RD
Low iron in the diet and in the body is a common cause of increased hair loss in women. This is espe...
Will my hair regrow after hair loss from bariatric surgery?
Mark A. Salcone, DOMark A. Salcone, DO
After hair loss from bariatric surgery, in most cases hair will begin to regrow and return to its no...
What are the symptoms of hair loss?
Hair falls out of your scalp as part of its natural process. The average person loses about 100 hair...