Should I talk to my doctor about my hair loss symptoms?

You should talk with your doctor if you notice that you are losing excessive amounts of hair or if your scalp is itchy or irritated. Your hair loss may be indicative of hereditary baldness or it might be a symptom of a larger systemic condition such as lupus. It's important to let your doctor know about any hair loss you have experienced in order to receive appropriate medical treatment.

Continue Learning about Hair Loss

I Shed a Lot—Is That Normal?
I Shed a Lot—Is That Normal?
Some shedding is perfectly normal. In fact, most people lose around 50 to 100 hairs every day. But nobody wants to lose more hair than that, and seein...
Is hair loss serious?
Hair loss in itself is not considered serious, but it can indicate the presence of other diseases. I...
What is the rate of incidence for hair loss?
Pattern baldness is the type of hair loss that doctors most often see. It affects both men and women...
How Can I Prevent My Hairline From Receding?