Should I talk to my doctor about my hair loss symptoms?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

You should talk with your doctor if you notice that you are losing excessive amounts of hair or if your scalp is itchy or irritated. Your hair loss may be indicative of hereditary baldness or it might be a symptom of a larger systemic condition such as lupus. It's important to let your doctor know about any hair loss you have experienced in order to receive appropriate medical treatment.

Continue Learning about Hair Loss

How much hair loss is too much?
Are you always picking strands of hair off your sweater? Do you shed enough to clog the shower d...
Should I have bariatric surgery if I am at risk of losing my hair?
Mark A. Salcone, DOMark A. Salcone, DO
The fear of temporary losing your hair should not deter you from bariatric surgery or losing weight....
What is the rate of incidence for hair loss?
Pattern baldness is the type of hair loss that doctors most often see. It affects both men and women...
Will my hair regrow after hair loss from bariatric surgery?
Mark A. Salcone, DOMark A. Salcone, DO
After hair loss from bariatric surgery, in most cases hair will begin to regrow and return to its no...