Like the hair on our heads, natural pubic hair varies from one woman to the next. Some women have dense hair; others have sparse, fine hair. Some women’s pubic hair extends to the inner thighs and lower abdomen, while for others it is confined to the pubic triangle. Grooming the pubic hair is a personal preference that can reduce or reshape the amount of hair. Options like shaving, depilatory, waxing, and laser treatment provide a range of possibilities. Grooming may also be done to spice things up with a partner; however, a woman should never feel pressured to change her pubic hair to a style that she does not like or feel comfortable with. Ultimately, grooming is a personal choice that can be a mode of expression throughout a woman’s life. A woman may wear her pubic hair one way for months or years, then change her mind, depending on what feels right to her.
- Q Can hair dryers damage my hair?
- Q Are keratin treatments safe for the hair?
- Q How can I protect my hair from damage from styling tools?
- Q What is the best product to tame my frizzy hair?
- Q How can I prevent hair loss caused by braiding?
- Q How can I keep my hair from getting tangled?