Should I talk to my doctor about my uterine prolapse symptoms?

If you have symptoms of uterine prolapse you should contact your doctor. Your doctor will be able to confirm the diagnosis and determine if you are one of the rare women whose prolapse is caused by a tumor. If you have mild symptoms, your doctor will probably not recommend specific treatment. However, your doctor will be able to discuss ways to try to prevent it from progressing. If you have symptoms that are very bothersome to you or if your uterus is extending beyond your body, your doctor will be able to arrange for the appropriate and specific treatment.

Continue Learning about Gynecology

Everything a Gynecologist Wants You to Know About Endometriosis
It’s estimated that more than 6.5 million women in the United States are affected by endometriosis. The chronic condition occurs when tissue similar t...
How do I manage my uterine prolapse on a daily basis?
Learn what you should do during a uterine prolapse, where the uterus falls through the vagina, in th...
6 Things You Can Do at the Gynecologist’s Office That Aren't Pap Smears
6 Things You Can Do at the Gynecologist’s Office That Aren't Pap Smears6 Things You Can Do at the Gynecologist’s Office That Aren't Pap Smears6 Things You Can Do at the Gynecologist’s Office That Aren't Pap Smears6 Things You Can Do at the Gynecologist’s Office That Aren't Pap Smears
Beyond just sexual and reproductive health issues, your OB can work with you on the health of your bones, heart and more.
Are There Any Risks Associated with Surgery to Treat a Relaxed Vagina?