Should I talk to my doctor about my uterine prolapse symptoms?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD
Family Practitioner
If you have symptoms of uterine prolapse you should contact your doctor. Your doctor will be able to confirm the diagnosis and determine if you are one of the rare women whose prolapse is caused by a tumor. If you have mild symptoms, your doctor will probably not recommend specific treatment. However, your doctor will be able to discuss ways to try to prevent it from progressing. If you have symptoms that are very bothersome to you or if your uterus is extending beyond your body, your doctor will be able to arrange for the appropriate and specific treatment.

Continue Learning about Gynecology

What is an endometrial ablation?
Overland Park Regional Medical CenterOverland Park Regional Medical Center
An endometrial ablation is a minor surgical procedure that treats heavy or abnormal periods. The pro...
More Answers
Is there a biological reason for female orgasm?
Dr. Michael Roizen, MDDr. Michael Roizen, MD
The purpose of an orgasm isn't solely to make you feel good. The biological purpose is to better the...
More Answers
What conditions are treated with a hysterectomy?
Capital Regional Medical CenterCapital Regional Medical Center
Hysterectomy, the surgical removal of the uterus, is one of the most common surgical procedures perf...
More Answers
8 Hysterectomy Myths to Stop Believing
8 Hysterectomy Myths to Stop Believing8 Hysterectomy Myths to Stop Believing8 Hysterectomy Myths to Stop Believing8 Hysterectomy Myths to Stop Believing
From recovery time to your post-surgery sex life, we’re debunking some of the common misconceptions. Hysterectomies, surgeries to remove the uterus, a...
Start Slideshow

Important: This content reflects information from various individuals and organizations and may offer alternative or opposing points of view. It should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. As always, you should consult with your healthcare provider about your specific health needs.