What are the different types of gynecologic cancers?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

Uterine cancer is the most common type of gynecologic cancer. Ovarian cancer and cervical cancer are also very common. Vaginal and vulvar cancers are relatively rare.

Continue Learning about Gynecologic Cancers

Should I talk to my doctor about my gynecologic cancer symptoms?
Gynecologic cancers are serious and can be deadly. Cancers of the female reproductive organs can spr...
What is a gynecologic oncologist?
Cancer Treatment Centers of America (CTCA)Cancer Treatment Centers of America (CTCA)
A gynecologic oncology specialist is a medical doctor who receives an additional four years of train...
What increases my risk for gynecologic cancers?
Risk factors for gynecologic cancers include age and heredity. A history of breast cancer or inferti...
What is the difference between low-grade and high-grade uterine sarcoma?
When a biopsy or dilatation and curettage is done to take a tissue sample from the uterus, it is the...