Should I talk to my doctor about uterine sarcoma?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

If you show any symptoms of uterine sarcoma, it is important to talk with your doctor. In particular, postmenopausal women with bleeding should visit the doctor immediately. African American women and women who have had radiation treatment in the pelvic region, should be aware of their increased risk and visit their doctor should any symptoms arise.

Continue Learning about Gynecologic Cancers

Is nutrition important for gynecologic cancers?
Nutrition is essential in the treatment of gynecologic cancers. Eating a nutritious diet high in pro...
How do other illnesses affect gynecologic cancers?
Viral, bacterial, and fungal infections can weaken your immune system, making recovery from gynecolo...
Are gynecologic cancers serious?
Gynecologic cancers are serious. In 2005, over 27,000 women died from gynecologic cancers. About 32 ...
Is there a cure for uterine sarcoma?
The outcome of uterine sarcoma depends on the extent of the tumor and how early it is diagnosed. Som...