What, other than glass, paper, and plastic, can be recycled?

Batteries, fluorescent light bulbs, and electronic devices can all be recycled, in addition to well-known biggies like glass, paper, and plastic. In fact, over 60 million tons of materials are now recycled, which is about a third of our waste. A good start, but this percentage needs to double.

YOU: Being Beautiful: The Owner's Manual to Inner and Outer Beauty

Most people think that beauty revolves around such things as lipstick, sweet eyes, or skinny jeans -- all those things that we can see (and obsess over) in the mirror. But the fact is that beauty...

Continue Learning about Green Health

Are products bearing claims like “non-toxic” and “earth friendly” safer?
Environmental Working Group (EWG)Environmental Working Group (EWG)
Not necessarily. Many companies make misleading “green” claims as a marketing tool. There are no reg...
How can plants help clean the air in my house?
Studies show that houseplants are the best filters of common pollutants such as ammonia, formald...
Why should I go organic when caring for my lawn and garden?
Gary GinsbergGary Ginsberg
There are many actions we can take to show Mama Earth we still care about the planet and our future ...
How can I find an organic lawn care company?
Gary GinsbergGary Ginsberg
Organic lawn care companies have been springing up that use biodiverse methods. Look for companies t...