Should I talk to my doctor about my gout symptoms?

Gout, like other forms of arthritis, can continue to get worse without treatment. Talk to your doctor about unexpected pain and swelling in your joints, particularly if the symptoms develop suddenly and without cause. Also, seek medical attention if you develop a fever and/or the joint feels warm to the touch as these can be signs of infection.

Continue Learning about Gout

The Real Facts About Pseudo-Gout
The Real Facts About Pseudo-Gout
There are pseudo-kudos (“My, that’s a nice jacket. What street did you pick that up on?”), pseudo-musicians (“It must be heavy-lifting carrying that t...
How common is gout?
The prevalence of gout is on the rise. In fact, about six million people in the U.S. over the age of...
How does gout cause chronic kidney disease?
William J. Martin, MDWilliam J. Martin, MD
Hyperuricemia (high uric acid) is a cause of chronic kidney disease in men whose uric acid levels ar...
The Worst Foods for Gout
The Worst Foods for Gout