Should I talk to my doctor about my gout symptoms?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

Gout, like other forms of arthritis, can continue to get worse without treatment. Talk to your doctor about unexpected pain and swelling in your joints, particularly if the symptoms develop suddenly and without cause. Also, seek medical attention if you develop a fever and/or the joint feels warm to the touch as these can be signs of infection.

Continue Learning about Gout

How is gout different from other forms of arthritis?
Gout is different from other forms of arthritis because it is caused by uric acid crystals. The crys...
How does gout affect kidney stones?
William J. Martin, MDWilliam J. Martin, MD
Kidney stones are frequent in people with gout - they are found in 10% to 25% of people with gout. T...
How Can Eating Cherries Help Gout?
How Can Eating Cherries Help Gout?
What to Do About Gout
What to Do About Gout