How common is gout?

The prevalence of gout is on the rise. In fact, about six million people in the U.S. over the age of 20 have experienced gout at one time or another. Men have a higher risk of gout, particularly those over 40 years old.

Continue Learning about Gout

The Real Facts About Pseudo-Gout
The Real Facts About Pseudo-Gout
There are pseudo-kudos (“My, that’s a nice jacket. What street did you pick that up on?”), pseudo-musicians (“It must be heavy-lifting carrying that t...
When should I call my doctor if I have gout?
If you're having an attack of gout, it is best to see your doctor right away so that he or she may e...
How does gout affect the body?
Gout affects the joints in the feet, legs, and arms. Initial attacks often occur in a single joint i...
How Can Eating Cherries Help Gout?
How Can Eating Cherries Help Gout?