How is the neck affected by Goldenhar syndrome?

In some cases, children born with Goldenhar syndrome will have symptoms in their neck. Bones along the upper vertebra may be fused. Surgery to correct the problem will be needed to prevent further complications as the child grows.

Continue Learning about Goldenhar Syndrome

Are there other names for Goldenhar syndrome?
Goldenhar syndrome is also known as oculoauriculovertebral spectrum (OAV). Goldenhar syndrome is a t...
Should I talk to my doctor about my childs Goldenhar symptoms?
If your child is born with symptoms of Goldenhar syndrome, you should talk to your doctor. Symptoms ...
Are symptoms of Goldenhar syndrome always obvious?
Physical symptoms of Goldenhar syndrome can vary greatly. Symptoms such as cleft palate or cleft lip...
Will Goldenhar syndrome deform my child jaw?
Golden syndrome symptoms vary and commonly affect the eyes, ears, mouth, cheeks, neck, and jaw in di...